July 11th, 2007
- Remember the animated video I did for Low's "Hatchet (Optimimi Version)"...?
- Well, I just got this message from their management:
Microsoft is releasing a new Zune and wants to use the Optimimi version of "Hatchet" song and video on the pre-load.
- There's no money (it's considered a promo/free ad for the band), but it's pretty hella-awesome that the 23 people who buy the new Zune will get to see that!
- Also, even thourh the year's only half over, I predict "Hatchet (Optimimi Version)" will be my Song of the Year.
- If only for the word, "Optimimi."
That socks -- that is, it rocks except that it sucks that somehow this involves no money.
|Date:||July 11th, 2007 09:37 pm (UTC)|| |
Well, you have to keep in mind that Microsoft is a small company and doesn't have a lot of cash to throw around.
What with what happened with the XBox recently and all, they may indeed be low on the cash flow.
ask them for a zune to 'prove to people that it was there' at least?
As my telecomm law professor once said about sustainable business models, "Microsoft could burn $100 bills for heat, and it would be sustainable."
Also, you totally should have been interviewed/featured for this:http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0707/4857.html
|Date:||July 11th, 2007 09:41 pm (UTC)|| |
Boo on the "no money" part, but otherwise that is made of awesomeness. Well done!
|Date:||July 11th, 2007 10:03 pm (UTC)|| |
You figure that there will be that many Zunes sold? 23 seems might high...
The no money part really sucks especially since it's Microsoft. It's not like they can't afford it. On the bright side, it's great exposure. That must count for something. Those 23 people can spread the word. I hope that there are visible credits, at least.
Yay anyway. Optimimi! Excelsior! Underdog Victorious!
I think you can negotiate for at least some money. I do some work for MSFT and lemme tell you: money they got.